|Dhaka - Chittagong Main Power Grid Strengthening Project|
The main objectives of the project are to create facilities to transmit power from upcoming Matarbari 1200 MW Power Station and to enhance the power transmission capability between Chittagong and Dhaka.
i. To construct Meghnaghat-Madunaghat 400 kV double circuit line.
ii. To construct 230 kV double circuit transmission line between existing Madunaghat and New Madunaghat substation and to construct Line-In-Line-Out from Hathazari - Shikalbaha 230 kV Transmission Line at New Madunaghat substation.
iii. To construct Meghnaghat 400 kV AIS substation and Madunaghat 400 kV GIS substation.
iv. To construct Meghnaghat 230 kV AIS switching station and Madunaghat 230 kV GIS switching station.
v. To upgrade existing 132 kV substation to 230 kV voltage level at Madunaghat.
|Scope of Work||1. Meghnaghat-Madunaghat 400 kV double circuit line (214 km)|
2. 230 kV double circuit transmission line between Existing Madunaghat and New Madunaghat Substation (8 km)
3. Line In Line Out from Hathazari - Shikalbaha 230 kV Transmission Line at New Madunaghat Substation (5.5 km)
4. 230 kV AIS Switching Station at Meghnaghat
5. 230 kV GIS Switching Station at Madunaghat
6. 400 kV AIS Substation at Meghnaghat with 2x750 MVA transformer
7. 400 kV GIS Substation at Madunaghat with 3x750 MVA transformer
8. Upgradation of existing 132 kV Substation to 230 kV voltage level at Madunaghat
9. Installation of GIB and Shunt Reactor at Matarbari.
|Project Cost||Total: 456749.37 Lakh BDT GoB: 134040.69 Lakh BDT Project Aid: 276755.58 Lakh BDT PGCB: 45953.10 Lakh BDT|
|Financed by/Donor||JICA, GoB & PGCB|
|Present Status||Physical : 15.65 %|
Financial : 1.54%
|Estimated Duration||July, 2016 to December, 2020|
|Project office||Project Director: Md. Yakub Elahi Chowdhury|
Address: 9th Floor, NLDC Complex Bhaban, Aftabnagar, Rampura, Dhaka.